Turns out one of my least favorite childhood games, namely tag and all the variants of tag, is also a virtual game of bloggers. Both Caitlin and Suze tagged me, so apparently there is a high demand for six random facts about yours truly. Both of their own facts are really interesting (Caitlin is a thief and Suze won’t drink the nectar of life, a.k.a. tea) so I’m not sure I’ll be able to measure up. But I never was a quitter! Oh wait, yes I was. But not today!
Here are the ‘rules’ of this game of tag:
A. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning. (consider it DONE)
B. Each player lists 6 facts/habits about themselves.
C. At the end of the post, the player then tags 6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.
1. I love the smell of my dog. LOVE it. He smells, well, like a dog, but if you press your face into his fur and take big whiff (especially if you sniff right on the top of his head) it is pure delight…my personal favorite perfume.
2. I cut my fingernails and toenails compulsively. I don’t like any ‘white’ part to be showing, meaning I cut down to the top of the nail bed every couple days. And sometimes I get overzealous and cut too far, until my toes and fingers are bleeding a bit. And even though it hurts, I take satisfaction in knowing I got those bastards as SHORT as possible. Don’t worry, I’m a trained mental health professional and I can stop any time I want.
3. I eat fruit like candy. I eat about 6 or 7 pieces of fruit on a slow day. I love bananas, apples, oranges, grapes, kiwis, berries of all types, all sorts of melons and basically anything else I can get my hands on (although, I’m still not buying this whole ‘tomato is a fruit’ thing. I don’t want a raw tomato, thanks). David finds it fascinating and simultaneously annoying that at various points throughout the day I will say ‘I could really go for a _______ (insert name of fruit here) right now.’ To be fair though, I eat candy like it is candy as well.
4. Before I fall asleep, I play a game called ‘Scenarios.’ Dave is a forced participant in this game. After the lights are out, and just as Dave is teetering blissfully on the edge of a sleepy abyss, I wake him up and ask him to give me a scenario that I can think about to help me sleep. Common themes are winning the lottery, taking a trip to Hawaii, designing a dream house (which is, by the way, a Swiss Family Robinson style treehouse) and naming my future pets (like dogs, cats and llamas)…after I’m given the scenario, Dave lays silently (but with rolling eyes, to be sure) listening to me laugh to myself as I lay out my plans.
5. I don’t like surprises. At all. So much so that I Google the endings of movies before I see them just to make sure it’s satisfactory. And if it is an incredibly depressing ending or involves some kind of love triangle? Not watching it, don’t care if you think it is a great commentary on our times or has the most amazing chase scene ever. Thank you Google, for helping me spoil endings for myself without pestering my loved ones.
6. Since 2005, I have lived in 3 times zones in 3 states and 3 countries on 2 continents. Sometimes, like when I don’t have a blender or have to pack again or have to watch my dog go up the conveyor belt into the belly of the plane, I hate it. But 9 days out 10 I love it. When we talk about life-after-hockey it’s not just Dave who is nervous; I don’t even know what it would feel like to live somewhere longer than 9 months! Does that mean you have to grow a garden or buy nice towels or something? YUCK.
Since I literally don’t have 6 blogging friends, I will tag only Lynn, my dear Excited bride, and hope she gives us something juicy.